A Conversation With Dr. Jhanji
Dr. Vishal Jhanji is a Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He is a corneal specialist and a clinician scientist by training. Dr. Jhanji completed his ophthalmology training from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, India and his fellowship from the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, University of Melbourne, Australia. He worked as an Associate Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. In 2017, Dr. Jhanji joined as a Professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
Vice Chair Clinical Operations
Director, Quality Control
Director, Clinical Trials
Clinical Co-director, Corneal Regeneration Laboratory
Associate Medical Director, The Charles T. Campbell Ophthalmic Microbiology Laboratory
- Enzor R, Bowers EMR, Perzia B, Perera C, Palazzolo L, Mammen A, Dhaliwal DK, Kowalski RP, Jhanji V. Comparison of Clinical Features and Treatment Outcomes of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Keratitis in Contact Lens and Non-Contact Lens Wearers. Am J Ophthalmol. 2021 Feb 28:S0002-9394(21)00089-1. doi: 10.1016/j.ajo.2021.02.024.
- Parekh M, Romano V, Hassanin K, Testa V, Wongvisavavit R, Ferrari S, Haneef A, Willoughby C, Ponzin D, Jhanji V, Sharma N, Daniels J, Kaye SB, Ahmad S, Levis HJ. Biomaterials for corneal endothelial cell culture and tissue engineering. J Tissue Eng. 2021 Feb 16;12:2041731421990536. doi: 10.1177/2041731421990536.
- Shatten J, Kamyar R, Dhaliwal D, Kowalski RP, Jhanji V. Incidence of Fungal Infection in Positive Donor Rim Cultures after Corneal Transplantation. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2021 Feb 9:1-5. doi: 10.1080/09273948.2020.1841806.
- Yam GHF, Riau AK, Funderburgh ML, Mehta JS, Jhanji V. Keratocyte biology. Exp Eye Res. 2020 Jul;196:108062. doi: 10.1016/j.exer.2020.108062.
- Yasukura Y, Oie Y, Kawasaki R, Maeda N, Jhanji V, Nishida K. New severity grading system for Fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophy using anterior segment optical coherence tomography. Acta Ophthalmol. 2020 Nov 30. doi: 10.1111/aos.14690.
- Complex ocular surface disorders (Graft versus host disease, Stevens Johnson syndrome, Cicatricial disorders)
- Keratoconus, other corneal ectasias and collagen crosslinking
- Corneal infections
- Corneal transplantation
- Imaging of the cornea