Selection Procedure and Admission Criteria
- Applicants must be graduates of an ACOE accredited college of optometry.
- Applicants must have passed National Boards Parts I, II, III and TMOD prior to matriculation.
- Applicants must be eligible for optometric licensure in Pennsylvania.
- Applicants must attend a personal interview – exceptions (virtual format) may be granted due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicants must apply through National Matching Services, Inc. ORMatch.
- Applicants must be US citizens/permanent residents or eligible for OPT training visa.
Completed applications are to be submitted to ORMatch by January 31, 2022 for positions beginning July 1, 2022. Interviews are conducted by invitation only and are arranged through the Office of the Program Director. Only candidates who are being considered seriously for appointment will be asked to appear for an interview. Applicants will be notified of an interview by phone call and/or email. Our interview dates will be announced soon. Please be sure your application includes appropriate contact information.
The Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pittsburgh, participates in the Optometry Matching Program sponsored by the Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry. To receive further information, contact National Matching Services, Inc at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-461-6322.
The University of Pittsburgh is in compliance with Civil Rights Legislation and Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or national origin in its educational programs, activities, or its employment practices.
Application through the Optometry Residency Match (ORMatch) is required. The program will set a deadline with the ORMatch for all application materials. There are no application requirements outside that of the ORMatch. Please do not send additional information or a photograph directly to the program.
A personal interview is required before acceptance into the UPMC Optometry residency program. Only applicants being considered seriously for appointment will be requested to appear for a personal interview. Once an applicant has been notified that he or she is to be interviewed, it is the responsibility of the applicant to contact Connie Davila at 412-647-2152 or by email at email@example.com to confirm the interview. Applicants are first notified via email and then by phone. Please to be sure to have accurate and complete contact information on your application.
Note: due to COVID-19 interview process may change.
Application Materials and Procedure:
- Official Optometry School transcripts
- Official NBEO scores
- Letter of Intent
- Three letters of recommendation