A Conversation With Dr. Jhanji
Dr. Vishal Jhanji is a Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He is a corneal specialist and a clinician scientist by training. Dr. Jhanji completed his ophthalmology training from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, India and his fellowship from the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, University of Melbourne, Australia. He worked as an Associate Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. In 2017, Dr. Jhanji joined as a Professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
Vice Chair Clinical Operations
Director, Quality Control
Director, Clinical Trials
Clinical Co-director, Corneal Regeneration Laboratory
Associate Medical Director, The Charles T. Campbell Ophthalmic Microbiology Laboratory
- Yao Y, Ma D, Xu Y, Yuan XL, Liang JJ, Chen SL, Jhanji V, Ng TK. Hydroxychloroquine treatment on SARS-CoV-2 receptor ACE2, TMPRSS2 and NRP1 expression in human primary pterygium and conjunctival cells. Exp Eye Res. 2022 Jan;214:108864. doi: 10.1016/j.exer.2021.108864. Epub 2021 Nov 24.
- Singh RB, Das S, Chodosh J, Sharma N, Zegans ME, Kowalski RP, Jhanji V. Paradox of complex diversity: Challenges in the diagnosis and management of bacterial keratitis. Prog Retin Eye Res. 2021 Nov 20:101028. doi: 10.1016/j.preteyeres.2021.101028.
- Enzor R, Bowers EMR, Perzia B, Perera C, Palazzolo L, Mammen A, Dhaliwal DK, Kowalski RP, Jhanji V. Comparison of Clinical Features and Treatment Outcomes of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Keratitis in Contact Lens and Non-Contact Lens Wearers. Am J Ophthalmol. 2021 Feb 28:S0002-9394(21)00089-1. doi: 10.1016/j.ajo.2021.02.024.
- Jhanji V, Billig I, Yam GH. Cell-Free Biological Approach for Corneal Stromal Wound Healing. Front Pharmacol. 2021 May 28;12:671405. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2021.671405. eCollection 2021.
- Ma J, Wang Y, Li M, Jhanji V. Association Between Severity of Myopia and Deformation Characteristics of the Cornea Based on Propensity Score Matching Analysis. J Refract Surg. 2021 May;37(5):344-350. doi: 10.3928/1081597X-20210222-02. Epub 2021 May 1.
- Gupta Y, Sharma N, Maharana PK, Saxena R, Sinha R, Agarwal T, Jhanji V, Titiyal JS. Pediatric Keratoconus: Topographic, Biomechanical and Aberrometric Characteristics. Am J Ophthalmol. 2021 May;225:69-75. doi: 10.1016/j.ajo.2020.12.020. Epub 2020 Dec 29.
- Mukhtar S, Atta S, Durrani A, Perera C, Kowalski R, Jhanji V. Microbiological evaluation of corneal and contact lens cultures in contact lens-associated bacterial keratitis. Br J Ophthalmol. 2020 Dec 23:bjophthalmol-2020-317832. doi: 10.1136/bjophthalmol-2020-317832. Online ahead of print.
- Yasukura Y, Oie Y, Kawasaki R, Maeda N, Jhanji V, Nishida K. New severity grading system for Fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophy using anterior segment optical coherence tomography. Acta Ophthalmol. 2020 Nov 30. doi: 10.1111/aos.14690.
- Complex ocular surface disorders (Graft versus host disease, Stevens Johnson syndrome, Cicatricial disorders)
- Keratoconus, other corneal ectasias and collagen crosslinking
- Corneal infections
- Corneal transplantation
- Imaging of the cornea