Shaohua Pi joined the faculty of the Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pittsburgh as an Assistant Professor in 2022. Prior to this, he obtained his BS and PhD degrees from Fudan University (Shanghai, China), in 2011 and 2016, respectively. He received postdoc training in the field of Optical Coherence Tomography and Ophthalmic Imaging from the COOLLAB at Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University. He is a member of Society of Photo-optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE), Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), and American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). He is the recipient of grant awards from Knight Templar Eye Foundation and Bright Focus Foundation.
- Visible light OCT
- OCT Oximetry
Education & Training
- Postdoc - OHSU Casey Eye Institute, 2021
- PhD - Fudan University, 2016
- BS - Fudan University, 2011
- Pi, S., Hormel, T.T., Wei, X., Cepurna, W., Wang, B. Morrison, J.C. and Jia, Y., 2020. Retinal Capillary Oximetry with Visible Light Optical Coherence Tomography. PNAS, 117(21), pp.11658-11666.
- Pi, S., Hormel, T.T., Wei, X., Cepurna, W., Morrison, J.C. and Jia, Y., 2020. Imaging retinal structures at cellular-level resolution by visible-light optical coherence tomography. Optics Letters, 45(7), pp.2107-2110.
- Pi, S., Camino, A., Wei, X., Simonett, J., Cepurna, W., Huang, D., Morrison, J.C. and Jia, Y., 2018. Rodent retinal circulation organization and oxygen metabolism revealed by visible-light optical coherence tomography. Biomedical Optics Express, 9(11), pp.5851-5862.
- Pi, S., Camino, A., Cepurna, W., Wei, X., Zhang, M., Huang, D., Morrison, J. and Jia, Y., 2018. Automated spectroscopic retinal oximetry with visible-light optical coherence tomography. Biomedical optics express, 9(5), pp.2056-2067.
- Pi, S., Camino, A., Zhang, M., Cepurna, W., Liu, G., Huang, D., Morrison, J. and Jia, Y., 2017. Angiographic and structural imaging using high axial resolution fiber-based visible-light OCT. Biomedical optics express, 8(10), pp.4595-4608.
Research Interest Summary
- Visible-light OCT
- OCT Oximetry
- OCT angiography
- High-resolution OCT
- Knight Templar Eye Foundation
- Bright Focus Foundation